Friday, February 6, 2009

Arrangements and Directions

Funeral arrangements for Daddy are as follows:

Visitation will be Monday, February 9 from 2-4 pm and 6-9 pm at Grissom Funeral Home. The funeral will be Tuesday, February 10 at 11 am at First Baptist Church.

Directions to funeral home:

From I-75, take exit 25. At the bottom of the exit ramp, go east (left if you are coming from Chattanooga, right if you are coming from Knoxville). Go to the fifth traffic light (this is Ocoee Street) and turn left. The funeral home will be about a quarter mile on your right.

Directions to First Baptist Church:

From I-75, take exit 25. At the bottom of the exit ramp, go east. Go to the fifth traffic light (Ocoee Street). Turn right. You will stay on Ocoee Street past a middle school and Lee University. Just past Lee University, the road splits (there is a Civil War monument right in the middle of the split and the public library will be on your left, so look for those landmarks). You will turn left on Central Avenue (less than a quarter mile past the split). You will go two blocks and see First Baptist Church on your left.

Please email me at holly@kesley.com if you have any questions. I'm sorry not to write more, but it has been a very long day. I will try to write more about the evening of Daddy's passing in the next few days. Tomorrow morning is my grandmother's visitation and funeral, so tomorrow will be a long one, as well. I am tempted to comment on how horrible it is that all of this happened together, and that I can't imagine that things could be much worse, but it would be a lie. Things could ALWAYS be worse, and I am still thankful for the many blessings I have.

No comments: