Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mom

I was asked to post an update on how Mom is doing, and I thought that might be a good idea. She is doing as best as can be expected under the circumstances, I think. The last couple of days have been the roughest. The people from Hospice told her that it would really start to hit two or three weeks after the fact, and it has been (believe it or not) almost two weeks.

I think we are all feeling it right about now. I am having a tough time, Danny is having a tough time, and Mom is, too. I don't mean that we're sitting around sobbing all day, but it's definitely a process. Today was my first day back at work, and it was brutal.

Mom did take Laura and me and our families to dinner last night, and that was really nice. She seemed okay through all of that. I really don't know what else to say. I think we're all just trying to take it one day at a time right now. I haven't talked to Laura about it in the last day or two, so I can't really speak as to how she is doing, but I'm sure she's much the same as the rest of us. It just takes time.

Please continue to remember us in your prayers--especially Mom.

2 comments:

Fin said...

i've been thinking of her. thanks for the update.

i'll be coming through tennessee on sunday, i think. will you be around?

Holly said...

For you, Baby?! ALWAYS! :)