Friday, January 9, 2009

Abdominal Fluid Drainage

Dad had the procedure to drain the fluid off of his abdomen today. They drained 3.7 liters! Wow, that's a LOT of fluid. I think he feels much better with this load quite literally off of him. Let's hope he can eat better now that he won't have to worry about feeling so bloated when he's finished.

My parents' dear friends Darrell and Teresa Widner and Mark and Mindy Murphy are coming to the house tomorrow morning to rip the carpet out of the basement. The smell is so strong right now that it almost knocks you down when you enter the house. I spent an hour over there this afternoon doing some things for Mom and Dad, and when I got home, Mark wanted to know why I smelled so bad--it's that strong. So the carpet is going bye-bye. I am so thankful for amazing friends.

Laura has been at the hospital almost non-stop with our grandmother, since Mom is so covered up with Dad right now. Mom stayed until 3 this morning, and Laura was there until 6 this morning, then back for most of the day. I went over for about four hours this evening, and she really doesn't seem to be doing very well. Her breathing is labored and she is having difficulty swallowing. Please continue to keep Mom, Dad, and my grandmother in your prayers.

No comments: