Saturday, January 17, 2009

An Amazing Friend

Dad has a good friend, Richard Simms, who is also a former co-worker of Laura's at NewsChannel9. Laura came over late last night, computer printout in hand, to show us a beautiful, precious, sob-inducing article that Richard wrote for the Chattanoogan (www.chattanoogan.com). This article is about Dad, although he does not mention Daddy by name. Laura printed it out at their house so Dad could read it. I wish I had seen his reaction--I do know that when he finished, he said, "Why didn't he mention me by name?" Total Dad. When Laura told us this, Danny, Mark, and I nearly hit the floor in laughter.

Richard, if you are reading this, thank you for such an amazing, uplifting tribute to my daddy. I really do have a feeling that the TWRA is going to spend the next few summers trying helplessly to explain the sudden catfish explosion in the Tennessee River...

Here is a link to the article. Please go read it.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_142697.asp

No comments: