Thursday, January 22, 2009

A few pictures of Daddy

I wanted to post some pictures of Dad when he was healthy and robust, so that those of you who may not know him can see what he looked like before cancer. I know there is a picture of him with Luke (my nephew) at the top of this page, and one of him with Dan at the bottom, but I wanted to add some to that.


This picture was taken Christmas Eve 2007. It shows Dad hugging Dan. His hair is so shiny and distinguished and he actually has some weight on him! Please ignore the chubby girl in the chair. :) She had just given birth a month earlier.





This photo was taken a mere six months ago, on July 28, 2008, outside my house. That's my mom (in green) and my mother-in-law (in pink, holding my daughter Kate) in the background.


This was taken the same day as the photo above. In it, Dad is holding Luke.


This one was taken October 16, in Destin, a scant month before Dad's diagnosis. While we knew something was wrong at this point, we didn't know what, and Dad still felt well enough to engage in his normal activities.



And this is Dad the first time he held Dan, October 9, 2005.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad, Holly! I am praying for him and all of you.

Holly said...

Thank you so much, Ashley. It has been a heartbreaking period for our family. You may remember as a child I often prayed for my dad's salvation. I know that you will be thrilled to know that my dad accepted Christ on Easter Sunday, 2001. So although I may lose my father, I know that he will be with our Heavenly Father. It still hurts, but it is so much easier having that assurance!