Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Blood work and staging

Dad went back for more blood work yesterday. I'll be honest--I can't remember all of what Mom told me, but the blood work was much the same, I think. Nothing too earth-shattering in either direction. They did give him another IV, like last week.

The thing I really wanted to update you on was this--Mom and Dad asked the nurse about the stage of the cancer, since that was something they had not been told previously. They were told that it is considered to be stage IV, since it has metastasized to the liver. They also think it has more than likely spread elsewhere, although it isn't really showing up as such or causing complications as of yet. This isn't really unexpected, but it's still something of a shock to actually hear it confirmed.

No comments: