Friday, December 12, 2008

A Good Day!

Finally! I have something to report other than gloom and doom! :) I stopped by Mom and Dad's house this afternoon--the first time I've stopped by since last weekend. I have been avoiding Dad like the plague since he had his first chemo, because when you have two little ones, you just never know what sort of microbes you're carrying with you, and that's just not a risk we can take right now. At any rate, I stopped by briefly this afternoon and Dad looked...okay! So I asked him how today had been, and he said, "Actually, when I got up this morning, I felt pretty daggum good!" He said the day had gone downhill somewhat since he had been up, but overall, things were much better. And he sounded a lot perkier, that's for sure! It made me feel so joyous to hear him say that today was a better day. He said that yesterday and the day before were definitely the two worst days. I am cautiously optimistic that perhaps the worst of the nausea for this round of chemo is behind him.

Let's pray that he has a nice respite until his next round of chemo on December 30. Let's also pray that he handles the next round as chemo as well as (or even better than!) he handled this round. I am not one to speak lightly of nausea and vomiting (anyone who knows me knows I speak the truth!), but based upon some of the horror stories I have heard about chemo, it seems that things went as well as we could ask for!

Please continue to lift up Mom and Dad in your prayers. I am so proud of them (yes, I know I have stated this before...I'm just reiterating!). As we Baptists like to say, God is good all the time, and all the time, God is good! We are feeling your prayers, and we are so thankful for them.

3 comments:

LoriGrauso said...

Holly:

I am so thankful and perhaps only good days are ahead. I can't imagine going through chemo treatments but I have heard they have improved greatly. That's almost a oxymoron statement since I can't imagine any chemo treatment being a "lark in the park."

But we all continue to pray and pray for Doug's strength to return. This whole thing must be quite a shock to the body, mind, etc.

I too am very proud of Doug and Debbie's outlook and they say that is half the battle. I have heard that patients with a positive attitude do much better.

Our prayer chain continues to pray for healing and we pray not only for Doug but the entire family.

Love to all
Aunt Loretta
and Joe

Holly said...

Thanks Aunt Loretta! I agree--I can't really imagine any "good" chemo treatment, but it seems like this hasn't been nearly as bad as some of the horror stories I've heard. Thank you for praying!

LoriGrauso said...

Holly:

Thanks for the sweet note. Just this week a good friend of mine lost her Mother. I have a classmate who is dying of a tumor in his chest. It is truly a sad week for me, but God is still in His Heaven and there is still hope for those who truly believe.

I have so many people praying for Doug. I truly have the faith that Doug will be healed.

Yes, I am so proud of the strength and courage that Debbie and Doug are showing. I think that something good always happens when we have to get on our knees and thank God for His Love and Mercy.

I and everyone I know will continue to pray. We must remain strong in our faith.

Aunt Loretta