Sunday, December 14, 2008

More good news

Dad seemed to have a really good day today! When I called this afternoon and he answered the phone, he sounded like the old dad we all know and love! He and Mom actually got up and went to church this morning, which he's not had the strength to do in awhile. He is still having trouble working up an appetite, but we're working on that.

He said he is feeling much better--not 100%, but much better than he has been. It just gives me so much hope to see how much he's improved after only one chemo treatment. It does give me hope that God might deliver a miracle. I'm not trying to be naive or in denial about our chances here, but I don't want to write Daddy off as a goner before we give God a chance to do His work!

Yesterday, Mark, Dan, Kate, and I ate lunch at Ryan's with Mom, Dad, Shim, Terry (that's Tim and Sherry to the rest of y'all), and Doris. We were super-excited that Dad felt well enough to try to go eat. You could tell that he was having a hard time eating, and he definitely didn't do the damage that we're used to seeing from him, but I thought he did okay--he ate part of a salad, some chicken, and about half of his piece of steak. After we were done, Mark and I took the kids over to Mom and Dad's, put Kate down in their crib for her nap, and Mark and Dan and I went outside and spent the afternoon doing Mom and Dad's yard. We had a lot of fun, and it definitely helped my spirits to be outside in the nice weather and doing something to help my parents. You could tell, though, that it made Dad feel badly that we had to do his yard work for him, which I told him was stupid. Because, you know...it's not like he's never done anything for me in my life. Right?

Keep praying!

No comments: