Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Chemo treatment #1

Dad had his first chemo infusion yesterday, and it went as well as can be expected. I called about every five minutes until bedtime last night, asking how he was doing, and the answer was the same every time--fine. This morning, I asked Mom again and again...she said he was doing fine. Later today, she did tell me that he had thrown up once, but when I spoke to him this evening, I gathered that he was doing okay. He said that there had been about three times that the nausea got pretty bad, but judging from everything I have heard from others who have gone through chemo, what he was describing didn't sound that incredibly terrible.

Please continue to pray that he will handle the chemo well, and that he and Mom will both continue to have great attitudes, as they have thus far. I am so proud of both of them for their attitudes. Your prayers are being felt and we are so blessed to have such amazing friends and family!

Love,
Holly

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Holly,
I love that picture of your dad on your banner! He looks just like my image of the Perfect Dad (something I used to dream of as a kid and long after). I can see the tenderness and grace in his face.

At least chemo #1 is behind him now.

You are all in my prayers.

Holly said...

Thank you, Lydia! That is Dad with my sister's son, Luke. It is one of the best pictures I have of him from when he was still healthy (it was taken this past summer). I chose one that is about a year old to put at the bottom of the page that has Dad and my son, Dan. I didn't want to use it at the top because it's a bit older.

Lydia said...

Darling boys, both Luke and Dan.

Great news in your latest post about MORE good news. Yea!